Meet Dr. Eleanor (Nora) Ruhland
Dentist in Cheektowaga
Dr. Nora Ruhland needed lots of dental care as a young child, but was never afraid because her dentist was so gentle and kind. She was horrified to learn in dental school how many people were terrified of dentistry. She thought about quitting the profession because she didn’t want to be associated with the terrible stories she heard, but instead turned it into a challenge. Helping people heal from previous traumatic dental experiences and progress to enjoying their dental visits turned out to be her superpower.
She believes in providing excellent dental care in a compassionate, empathetic, and biologic manner. She finds helping people become healthy and to feel beautiful and safe is incredibly rewarding.
Outside the office, she and her husband Tom have 3 kids, a dog and a cat. They love cooking, reading, gardening and just being together. Dr. Ruhland practices yoga and studies French and piano in her spare time. She enjoys learning about food/nutrition, psychology, spirituality, parenting and teamwork. She believes in the healing power of food and secretly wants to go to culinary school in France someday.
Dr. Ruhland’s Background
- Buffalo Seminary-1999
- Smith College-2004
- DDS Graduated University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine-2007
- General Practice Residency-Buffalo VA Medical Center-2008
- Private Practice 2007-present
- Purchased Schwanekamp Dentistry from Dr. David Schwanekamp-2021
Committed to Continued Education & Learning
Dr. Ruhland is able to offer comprehensive dental treatments and continue to advance her professional expertise with the following certifications:
- SMART Amalgam Removal
- Currently working to become accredited with IAOMT
- Sedation Dentistry
- Dental Implants
Dr. Ruhland is a Proud Member of:
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- 8th District Dental Society
- Spear Study Club
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology