Covid-19 Office Safety Protocols
To Our Treasured Existing and New Patients:
We hope you and your families have been safe and well during these difficult and challenging times for all of us. The effect of the Covid-19 Virus has impacted all our lives, and even when we pass this critical stage, life will have a new normal. We greatly look forward to welcoming our Patients back with open arms.
We also know that for many there is a lingering level of anxiety and fear about contracting the coronavirus. Because we are patient centered, health focused and holistically inclined, the health and safety of our patients and dental team is our first priority. During this pandemic health crisis our office will be instituting protocols to ensure we all stay safe and comfortable while delivering the high level of care that you have come to expect. (Please note that in protecting you, we are protecting ourselves – and in protecting ourselves we will be protecting you.)
Thus, we are taking the following steps:
- CDC disclosure questions and temperature checks will occur. We will not schedule a patient who exhibits any signs of coronavirus, and my dental team will not come to work if they have symptoms.
- Our Office fully complies with social distancing. You will notice changes in our waiting room and barriers between patients and business office staff. Signs may be posted asking you to use your vehicle as a waiting area for yourself and anyone accompanying you. NO extra visitors will be allowed in the clinical area.
- Hand sanitizers will be used, and masks will be available for patients to wear home.
- All surfaces with patient or staff contact will be sanitized before after each visit.
- You will notice that we will be wearing protective face shields, masks, and gowns.
- Because our office is Mercury Safe, we also provide additional safety precautions. Our high-speed suction and vacuum systems, along with other barriers, are used to capture droplets and particles during treatment, protecting both patient and staff.
- A new air purification system will be used to filter the air from pathogens (including the coronavirus). This Ultra-Hepa system is 100x’s more effective than an ordinary hepa-filtration system.
- A new disinfection system with anti-viral and anti-bacterial mist will also be used throughout the day for further protection.
So, please know that coming to our office is now safer than ever. We Thank You for your loyalty and support.
Please call with any questions you may have.
David Schwanekamp, DDS
on May 7th, 2020
Filed under Blog, office updates . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed.